Music, tours, games and food trucks are all part of the community celebration kicking off the start of U Link light rail service on March 19.
You can check out the tailgate party at the University of Washington and the street festival at Capitol Hill station between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Trains will start running at 10 a.m. on a regular Saturday schedule – every 10 minutes. You can find all the details at ulink2016.org.
Some of the activities to choose from:
- Take a self-guided tour of the stations
- Listen to live music – instrumental, jazz and hip hop.
- Play Giant Jenga and get your face painted
- Learn more about bus service to the station
- Shop a farmers market at the Capitol Hill Station
- Take home a free souvenir while supplies last!
Sound Transit is expecting a big crowd. There is no parking available at either station, so they recommend taking transit, biking, walking or ridesharing to get there. There are also free shuttles every 15 minutes from Northgate Transit Center to the University Station.